St Leonard’s has had a presence in the area since 1557 with the construction of the original church at Old Langho. This was was reputedly built using stones from Whalley Abbey. We have permission to use the church occasionally as it is redundant and no longer in use for regular services. The Old Church is administered by The Churches Conservation Trust.
The present St Leonard’s Church was consecrated in 1880. It was built in the centre of the Parish to replace the original Church at Old Langho. The reason for relocating the Parish Church was because the population had grown and was more concentrated around the route taken by the railway in the villages of Billington and Langho.